50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York: A handbook for those too proud to believe "wide right" and "no goal" define us.
(Depends on publisher)
How did America's First Frontier define a new nation. The tales, lore and legends of Western New York history will make you understand why they call it "The Empire State. " For too long the nation has dismissed the Greater Western New York region as a mere punchline. 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York is an informative handbook for those who proudly laugh in the face of "wide right," "no goal," and "thirteen seconds.
|Publisher:||Pandamensional Solutions, Inc.|
For too long the nation has dismissed the Greater Western New York region as a mere punchline. 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York is an informative handbook for those who proudly laugh in the face of "wide right," "no goal," and "thirteen seconds." These people, places, and events will elicit laughs, tears, and even raise a few eyebrows.
Told in a light-hearted and entertaining manner, the book reveals some of the most delicious underexposed treasures the region offers. These people, places, and events not only help define Greater Western New York, but have often helped define America as well.
In 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York, you'll learn the real answers to:
- A controversial early-American whose actions led directly to the creation of the U.S. Constitution.
- The region's claim to be the origin of America's favorite fast food (and, no, we're not talking Buffalo Wings).
- The home of the Grand Canyon of the East.
- The fascinating story of the mysterious Lost Tribe of Western New York.
- A Rochester-born woman who holds this Hollywood first - that almost wasn't.
- The time a small Western New York hamlet seceded from the Union - and its ensuing oversight.
- The truth behind the story of New York State's smallest town's eerie tragedy.
- How the bumbling British Monarchy helped mark the borders of Greater Western New York.
Don't, however, underestimate the power of this collection of witty stories. Rather than a mere historical review eulogizing the faded glory of what once was, 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York takes you on an expedition celebrating the rich character of America's First Frontier. In doing so, the discerning reader will unearth perhaps the most powerful hidden gem of them all: the key to Greater Western New York's future success.
If you like a compelling narrative, the suspense of long-lost mysteries, and the thrill of new evidence uncovered, then you'll love award-winning academic researcher and journalist Christopher Carosa's well studied journeys of exploration, discovery and, yes, mirth, through the forests of time and space that has become the Greater Western New York region.
Are you ready to discover the secrets of your own backyard?Buy 50 Hidden Gems of Greater Western New York and delight again in a region that has so many talking proud!