The Client Role in Successful Construction Projects
Bulk non-returnable discounts
The Client Role in Successful Construction Projects is a practical guide for clients on how to initiate, procure and manage construction projects and developments. This book is written from the perspective of the client initiating a construction project as part of a business venture and differs from most available construction literature which can externalise the client as a risk to be managed by the design team. The book provides a practical framework for new and novice clients undertaking construction, giving them a voice and enabling them to:
- Understand the challenges that they and the project are likely to face.
- Communicate and interact effectively with key stakeholders and professionals within the industry.
- Understand in straightforward terms where they can have a positive impact on the project.
- Put in place a client-side due diligence process.
- Reduce their institutional risk and the risk of project failure.
- Discover how their standard models are able to co-exist and even transfer to a common client-side procedure for managing a construction project.
Written by clients, for clients, this book is highly recommended not only for clients, but for construction industry professionals who want to develop their own skills and enhance their working relationship with their clients. A supporting website for the book will be available, which will give practical examples of the points illustrated in the book and practical advice from specialists in the field.