We’re offering a number of ways to move physical books during this time of physical distancing.
Since 1984, we have helped authors, publishers, and businesses move books in bulk. As the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to cause the cancellation of author events and hinders everyone's ability to be together at the office, Porchlight Book Company is here to help with our mass mailing, warehousing, and custom checkout service solutions. To discuss any of these offers, please contact Ryan Schleicher at the contact information below.
Terms are valid for orders placed before June 30, 2020.
- If the event organizer provides names and postal addresses, we can mail individual books directly to registered attendees.
- If the event organizers have email addresses, we can create a custom landing page where they can direct registered attendees to redeem a free copy of the book.
- For either option, Porchlight will waive mailing costs on domestic shipments for books ordered through Porchlight.
- Mailings for books ordered through other retailers may be available on a case-by-case basis.
Virtual Live Signings
- Authors with a strong online presence can leverage their social media channels for book sales by holding live signings via the virtual platform of their choice. Porchlight can create a custom checkout landing page to capture book orders during and after the virtual event.
- If event organizers cancel the book order along with the event, we can help get a customized copy of the book to would-be attendees of the cancelled event for direct purchase.
- We can create custom landing pages for signed books, digital and physical bonus offerings, or author incentives like webinars, virtual events, and personal consultation.
- Porchlight will waive all customization fees and labor costs for bookplates and letter or postcard inserts provided by the author, publisher, or customer.
- Porchlight is offering free warehousing through the end of 2020 for all postponed event book orders made through Porchlight at our facility in Milwaukee until the rescheduled event date.
- Warehousing books ordered through other retailers that are not accepting returns may be available on a case-by-case basis.
A Recent Project
In February 2020, Porchlight Book Company worked with New York Times food editor and former restaurant critic, Sam Sifton, in fulfilling orders of signed copies of his new cookbook See You on Sunday. We hosted the order form on a customized webpage whose address the author shared with his social media followers as well as on his blog. Sifton hosted an Instagram Live video in which he held a Q&A and signed bookplates, which our team inserted into 250 books and shipped directly to fans.
We have implemented the CDC’s recommendations for workplace cleaning, disinfecting, and social distancing in our warehouse, and employees nonessential to that operation have been directed to work from home. If we are forced to adapt our operations due to new local or federal government policies, or closures by freight companies or publishers, we will update customers directly.
Business During COVID-19
What measures are you taking to stop the spread of infection?
Porchlight Book Company has implemented the CDC’s recommendations for workplace cleaning, disinfecting, and social distancing.
Are you still shipping books?
Yes, we are. We are doing our best to get your order to you as quickly and safely as possible. Due to CDC safety guidelines being implemented both in our warehouse and those of our publishers, shipping is taking an additional 5-7 business days. Please take this into consideration when placing your order. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
What is your returns policy if my event was canceled due to COVID-19?
All orders placed on Porchlight’s website are non-returnable. If you’d like to receive a quote for a returnable book order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-236-7323 and we’d be happy to help you.
This page was updated on May 6, 2020