Digital Goddess: The Unfiltered Lessons of a Female Entrepreneur
November 09, 2020
Women today are starting more businesses than men, but they face a playing field that is not always fair, predictable, or politically correct.
In Digital Goddess, Victoria Montgomery Brown—founder of Big Think, a leading knowledge company featuring the world’s best thinkers, doers, and disrupters—shares her story in an entertaining and educational light.
Told from the unique, female entrepreneurial perspective that unpacks all the hurdles other female founders may face in their own journey to the top, Montgomery-Brown shares the real-world lessons she’s learned along the way, such as:
- Never lie to your investors, even when you just got arrested.
- Raising money is a poker game—learn how to play.
- The power and money still lie with men; pretending it’s not that way, or being angry about it, won’t lead to success.
- Your relationship with your co-founder is like a second marriage, so forget about keeping the personal out of the workplace.
- The more authentic you are, and the more fun you have, the better your experience will be.
This book is about dealing with the way things are, even when you don’t like it, and being yourself, even when it seems like a drawback. It’s about sucking it up, making the hard choices, and dealing with the consequences. It’s about being honest no matter what is going down.
Ultimately, Digital Goddess is a story for entrepreneurial women at any stage of life who want to know what it actually takes to build a business.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Victoria R. Montgomery Brown is CEO and co-founder of Big Think, the knowledge company that makes people and companies smarter and faster through short-form video with the world's best thinkers and doers. Since founding Big Think in 2007, Victoria has built the company from a fledgling thought-leadership media platform to the leading knowledge company for ideas and soft skills. As CEO, Victoria oversees and directs strategy, fundraising, and investor relations.
Victoria has a BA from McGill University and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Books for this giveaway are being provided by HarperCollins Leadership.