2007 Quill Nominees
June 08, 2007
2007 Quill Nominees by Kate At BEA, the 2007 Quill Award nominees were announced. What titles were eligible? Eligible titles for the 2007 Quill Awards were those published between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2007.
Eligible titles for the 2007 Quill Awards were those published between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2007. Nominees were chosen by the Quills/PW Selection Committee, comprised of Publishers Weekly editors, who drew upon industry expertise, PW starred reviews and PW Bestseller Lists to nominate five books in each of the Quills 18 categories. The PW staff's unique overview of the thousands of titles published each year helped to insure that nominated titles share the Quills' commitment to bring today's leading literature to the reading public.
Runners in the business world are:
- Small Is the New Big: and 183 Other Riffs, Rants, and Remarkable Business Ideas
Seth Godin; Portfolio
- Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny
Suze Orman; Random House/Spiegel & Grau
- The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't
Robert I. Sutton; Warner Business Books
- Send: The Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home
David Shipley and Will Schwalbe; Alfred A. Knopf
- Chocolates on the Pillow Aren't Enough: Reinventing the Customer Experience
Jonathan M. Tisch, Karl Weber; John Wiley & Sons