Have you heard of Nicholas Feltron? He lives in NYC. He's 29 years old.
Have you heard of Nicholas Feltron?
He lives in NYC.He's a graphic designer who records each detail of his life down to the number of book pages read by book (noted below each book title), magazines read, text messages sent and received, animals eaten, cities visited, and on and on. This is his third annual report. Check out the design. It's a great depiction of numbers and data. Inside he notes that he read 3761 book pages in 2006. On his list of books were:
He's 29 years old.
Has a cat named King.
Runs the company Megafone.
And when the weather calls for it, wears a sweater.
- The Periodic Table by Primo Levi
- See No Evil by Robert Baer
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon *Best fiction
- The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan
- Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- JPod by Douglas Copeland
- It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be by Paul Arden
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan *Best Non-Fiction
- A Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman
160 of 209 pages
- Exquisite Pain by Sophie Calle
112 of 281 pages
- The Works by Kate Ascher
- Heat by Bill Buford
- The Disappointment Artist by Jonathan Lethem
- The Looming Tower by Lawerence Wright
144 of 373 pages
- Universal Principles of Design by Lidwell, Holden and Butler
63 of 211 pages