These are a few of our favorite things
June 19, 2007
I thought it would be fun to take a cue from Ben and Jackie and ask the 800-CEO-READ crew to compile a list of our favorite things about Milwaukee. Wow, a very passionate discussion ensued -- don't worry about Milwaukeeans failing to supply an opinion. All in all, we came up with a great list.
- The Lakefront and Lake Michigan
- Theaters: Pabst Theatre, Theater X, Oriental Theatre
- Festivals and Concerts: Summer Fest, Irish Fest, Bastille Days, Festa Italiana, Pride Fest...you name it, we've got a festival for it.
- The Milwaukee Public Market (Third Ward) and neighborhood Farmers' Markets
- Independents: Alterra Coffee, Schwartz Bookshops, Anondyne Coffee, Bulls Eye Records
- Milwaukee Parks
- Restaurants and Bars: Palm Tavern, Riviera Maya, Crawdaddy's Cajun Restaurant, Pizza Man, Paddy's
- Neighborhoods (and affordable living): East Side, Bay View, Riverwest, Downtown, Third Ward, Brewer's Hill
- Miller Park Stadium and baseball and beer
- Milwaukee Art Museum