8 Steps to High Performance: Focus on What You Can Change (Ignore the Rest)
Bulk non-returnable discounts
|1 - 24||$24.00||20%|
|25 - 99||$21.00||30%|
|100 - 499||$19.50||35%|
|Publisher:||Harvard Business School Press.|
What We're Saying
Twenty books being published in August that we're hoping to spend more time with before summer's end. READ FULL DESCRIPTION
The steps you need, for the results you want.
There's no shortage of advice out there on how to perform better, and better than others, at work. The problem is knowing which methods are actually proven to work--and how you should act on them to get the best results.
In 8 Steps to High Performance, talent expert and bestselling author Marc Effron cuts through the noise with his signature "science-based simplicity" approach to identify what matters most and show you how to optimally apply your time and effort to boost your performance. It turns out that higher performance comes from doing many things well--but some of those things are not in your power to change. Effron reveals the eight key factors you do control and practical steps for improving yourself on each one. You'll learn:
- How to set goals that create higher performance
- Which behaviors predict higher performance in different situations
- How to quickly develop the most important capabilities
- Who to connect with and why
- How to understand and adapt to your company's strategy
- Why you sometimes shouldn't be the "genuine" you
- How to best manage your body to sustain your performance
- How to avoid management fads that distract you from high performance
Research-based, practical, and filled with self-assessments, tools, and templates to support your performance goals at work, this short, powerful book will help you and anyone on your team deliver outstanding results.