Doing Diabetes Differently: Empower a Healthier You
(Depends on publisher)
With Doing Diabetes Differently , Chad Lewis offers down-to-earth perspectives and approaches for all who struggle with diabetes.
|Publisher:||River Grove Books|
With Doing Diabetes Differently, Chad Lewis offers down-to-earth perspectives and approaches for all who struggle with diabetes. Lewis combines years of research with firsthand experience as he covers-sometimes provocatively-the mental, nutritional, exercise, and drugs-and-devices aspects of the disease. To present additional perspectives, the book includes commentaries from notable experts in the diabetes community.
Among the topics covered are:
- Why the current hierarchy of diabetes care isn't working
- A mental framework that goes beyond just treating symptoms of diabetes distress
- Why "going on a diet" is futile and what dietary alternatives work
- How to make the right exercise more achievable
- Why less is more when it comes to diabetes drugs and how to best use diabetes devices
Doing Diabetes Differently isn't another how-to guide. Instead, it's a place to discover a diabetes answer, a question to ask a care provider to get one, or a reference to consult to find one. If you're frustrated and want a way to do diabetes differently (and better)-for yourself or someone you care for-this life-changing book can help.