Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative
Bulk non-returnable discounts
|1 - 24||$22.40|
|25 - 99||$19.60|
|100 - 499||$18.20|
Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative offers practical insights for the executive, manager or professional who feels like their RPM is maxed out in the red zone. By making the concepts and practices of mindfulness simple, practical and applicable, this book offers actionable hope for today's overworked and overwhelmed professional.
New research shows that the smartphone equipped professional is connected to work 72 hours a week. Forty eight percent of Americans report that their stress level is up and that the number one source of stress is the job pressure of a 24/7 world.
What's the alternative? Top leadership coach and educator Scott Eblin offers one in Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative. While mindfulness is one of the "Top Ten Trends for 2014 and Beyond," many professionals think it's just too hard to give it a try. In this book, Eblin shows that mindfulness that makes a difference doesn't require meditating like a Buddhist monk.
Overworked and Overwhelmed is a handbook for more mindful work and living that offers:
- "Must know" mindfulness basics that today's professional needs to thrive in a 24/7 world.
- Inspiring examples of mindfulness in action from dozens of leaders ranging from a U.S. Coast Guard Commandant to the CEO of Hilton Worldwide.
- A self assessment for readers to understand how they perform at their best.
- Simple routines to reduce stress and sustain peak performance.
- A personal planning framework for creating the outcomes that matter most at home, at work and in the community.
Even small increases in mindfulness can lead to big changes in productivity and quality of life for the overworked and overwhelmed professional. Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative is a guide for doing just that.