Teacher as Curator: Formative Assessment and Arts-Based Strategies
Bulk non-returnable discounts
|Publisher:||Teachers College Press|
Teacher as Curator provides a roadmap for using creative strategies to engage both educators and students in the learning process. Focusing on key qualities of culturally and linguistically responsive arts learning, chapters specifically demonstrate how arts integration strategies and formative assessment can be a catalyst for change in the classroom. Readers will be inspired by teachers and practitioners who have donned the role of curator to achieve significant results. Kindergarten-college educators will find research-based protocols and practices that they can translate into any educational setting. In digestible chapters, this resource provides a theoretical base for building artistic literacy into the curriculum and for developing multimodal opportunities for students to demonstrate their understanding of content.
- Explores the role of curation in the classroom.
- Highlights processes for innovation and multimodal learning.
- Showcases the work of teachers from different subjects and grade levels.
- Provides examples of integrated learning through lesson planning, curatorial maps, and learning stories.
- Offers strategies that can deepen artistic literacy and engage students through formative assessment.