Jack and I have been working on an idea for about two years. We thought it made sense to put our knowledge about business books into a book of our own. Today, The 100 Best Business Books of All Time was released by our wonderful friends at Portfolio.
Jack and I have been working on an idea for about two years. We thought it made sense to put our knowledge about business books into a book of our own.
We are going to "ask for the order". What I mean is that you have been a follower of 800-CEO-READ for any period of time, you know what we are about: we sell business books and promote great ideas.
Our book is our best effort yet at helping you find the books solutions to the problems and challenges you face, while presenting opportunities you may not have considered before.
We want each of you to buy a copy of The 100 Best.
You can also order it from us. You'll pay the full retail price of 25.95, but you will get a bag of extras that are only available through 800-CEO-READ:
- You'll received a shiny, hardcover of The 100 Best Business Books of All Time autographed by both Jack and Todd
- We will include a copy of "Conversations about The 100 Best Business Books of All Time". This is an audio CD that Jack and I did, which has 12 tracks, each about 6 minutes in length, where we talk about the books and the key concepts in each of the chapters of The 100 Best.
- You will receive a copy of In The Books 2008, our annual publication whose purpose is to highlight the best of the year in the genre of business books.
- After placing your order, we will email you "the lost chapter" from The 100 Best (it was not really lost, we ran out of room in the book). We have compiled a 39 page chapter of Industry Books that everyone in business should read. This chapter comes in a simple to download pdf document and shares all of the design characteristics of the original book.
If you need to hear from some others, here are a few:
- Eddie Evans from Reuters - "Business Books: They read them so you don't have to."
- Gloria McDonough-Taub from CNBC - "You may disagree with their selections and that's fine, we all have our favorites--BUT--they've made some really smart choices that truly help the reader, the book fans, unlike the Oscars where they always get it wrong."
- Maureen McKay at Reader's Digest - "...a strong, engaging overview of some of the best business books published in recent years."
- Andrea Learned at Learned on Women - "As Jack puts it in one of his reviews: "There are books that break new ground and then there are books that show you a new way to think about the basics." Jack and Todd's book does both (and inspires you to keep on reading...)."
- My Fireside Chat with Lisa Haneberg at Management Craft (26 minute podcast) Matt May at Elegant Solutions - "I appreciate the leg-work and diligence and pure sweat that must have gone into what would to me seems a Herculean task."
You can find the entire list of the 100 books at 100bestbiz.com. You can also download the introduction to The 100 Best and two sample reviews from The Essential Drucker and To Engineer Is Human.
A compelling offer, followed by testimonials, and finished off with free samples of the final product.